Sunday, December 7, 2008

why beach?

The beach has always been the place for me to go to restore my soul, to commune with God, to drown my sorrows. I have never returned from the ocean feeling more down or more alone than when I arrived there. Sure, there are plenty of times I've traveled there to have fun, to bask in the sun, to throw myself against the waves. Happy times, without doubt, in all senses of the phrase.
But sometimes, it just isn't feasible to journey to the beach. Not enough time, not the right time. I can't very well drive out there in the middle of the night, now can I? Not if I intend to return unscathed. So this is to be my beach, of sorts. Let's see how well that works out, shall we?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTF?! SHE DONE GONE AND MADE HER A BLOG?!

Welcome to the League of Savannah Bloggers, kid. The only rule we got it keep on writing. It's the best thing in the world for you, trust me. I'm proud of you.

Oh, and get rid of the word verification here on the comments. It gets in the way of everything.