Thursday, January 17, 2013

you got me runnin', yeah, you got me runnin'


As I hurried across campus to my evening class, she caught my eye. Her hair streaming behind, she sped toward the very buildings I had just left, taking large strides like a girl with a purpose before her. A giant figure of light, she knew not of my existence, I was simply a small being espied from the corner of her eye, if at all.
But she occupied almost all of the sky before me.

I barely managed to snap this single picture before she was gone.

My students had seen me stop in my tracks to take the photo. I had told several that I would be sure to forward the picture to them, but I have not.
Somehow, I want the running girl to be only mine.
After all, I saw her first.
I saw her.

But perhaps I will eventually share her with those who had asked. I wonder if they will recall that Wednesday evening?

No comments: