Monday, June 10, 2013

this text's 4 u

24 May 7:23 PM
bff: We won't be able to come down this weekend for your birthday. Some kind of crud is going around here.
me: Actually, have decided i will let it run 55 days! started at your house!
me: Right now, am waiting for the play to begin. This is its premiere!
bff: Enjoy! I'm gonna lay on the couch and die. Will send funeral arrangements.
me: Hahaha. You are not allowed to die b4 me. jsyk.
bff: Fine, if you insist. I'll just slip into a coma for a while. Enjoy your play!
bff: was the tequila good?
me: I haven't opened it yet. I have the bottle decorating my bedroom!

25 May 9:45 Am
1st niece: Are you alive yet?
me: Yep. barely. :)
me: Have even had coffee and breakfast.
me: And chocolate bacon!
1st niece: I just left the gym. Want to do lunch later?
me: Yes!
1st niece: I am going to have a banana.
me: 4 lunch?
1st niece: I have to pick the kids up at 1:30. You want to go before that? Or after? No silly rabbit, bananas are for breakfast.
me: Can go earlier! Just about any time.
1st niece: Let me know when you want to go.
me: To that home out on the range.
me: z z top
1st niece: Oh I was thinking of the old home on the range where the deer and the antelope play where seldom is heard, a discouraging word, and the sky is not cloudy all day.
1st niece: That was done in my best and thickest country accent.
me: Mama would be so proud!

28 May 3:32 PM
me: Thank you so very much for the birthday gifts! Your thoughtfulness is quite evident and very touching. i had doubted if you still regarded me as a close friend, but i doubt no longer.
me: I do hope we will get to have some adventures this summer, in between my trips to PA and OR and TN. i don't want to deluge you with texts, as that is a sore spot, so i'll wait to hear from you, most times. Not always, but i have been abstaining a LOT. :) jsyk.
me: I'll close by saying THANK YOU once more for the many thoughtful gifts for my birthday, treating me to dinner and the show, and - most of all - your friendship.
bfe: Definitely we should have some sort of adventure! I was thinking Dolly Wood may be fun!?!?
bfe: And no problem at all about your gifts. It was fun to put it together.
bfe: Faustina, you are my friend. :)

9 June 10:22 AM
bfe: Yo, homegrrl, we still on for today?
me: You know it, homie!
bfe: See you then at 1:23 pm. You like my mash up between urban culture + post-feminist woman power?
me: hate to break it to ya, sunshine, but you did NOT originate homegrrl. but nice of you to use it!
bfe: Damn. Nothing's original.
me: Yeah, it's hard to be a pimp these days! :)
bfe: Remind me to tell you about that later on today.

No comments: