Sunday, June 8, 2014

happy birthday from Carrabbas



Woohoo! More free lunches for me!
Yes, I meant for that plural to be there.
You see, the birthday coupon from Carrabbas' Amici Club allowed me to deduct $10 from an entree...

... with the purchase of a second entree, of course.
Perhaps that addendum is to encourage someone else to come and share the meal.
That is not how I worked it.
Remember? I like to celebrate my special day over and over...
I did at least try two dishes I had never had before.
"New to me", don't ya know!
This is the Wood-grilled Chicken, accompanied by the superbly garlicky spinach and the Mama Mandola's Sicilian Chicken Soup.
Also, I tried a dish that was new to them, too!
Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, in a port fig sauce -
oh, my!!! Totally delectable!
I paired it with the House Salad and Vegetable of the Day, aka broccoli with red pepper and garlic.
Perfect!!!

The soup and salad came out together, as I had requested. Lovely! I ate every last bit of both of them, as well as some of the fresh bread with the olive oil.
You bet! I love that stuff!!!
Then my two entrees arrived, with perfect timing.
Yes, I did order it that way and Dalton made sure I got it my way! I wanted to try the food fresh from the chef, not after it had spent time in my refrigerator. Fresh, that was the key!
Fresh it was, too! And oh so tasty!!!
I ate only one of the three pieces of pork tenderloin, but I ate all of the veggies on that plate. Yum! The pork will be delightful for another meal!
Then I ate a couple of bites of the chicken breast, as well as some of the spinach. I knew the spinach would reheat as good as new, especially piled on top of the chicken. More yummy leftovers!
Dalton boxed it all up for me.
Would there be anything more?


Well...
now that you mention it...
This is a birthday dinner...
And I did eat all of my veggies...
So I ordered the Tiramisu...
Oh, so very rich!




But maybe not as good as that I had in Italy two years ago with the future nurses and health professionals...
(smile)
... which we made ourselves at the cooking school in Siena.
(smile)
Everybody's Mama makes it differently, don't they?

No comments: