Friday, June 6, 2014

who you gonna call - ghostbusters!


Run for your lives!!!
The bfe's kittehs have taken over the radio airwaves!!!
Actually, I don't think Chloe is quite smart enough for that.
The calico is clever, sure, but not a deep thinker.
No, for true smarts, look to the blue tortoise of Contessa.
Just look at that face!
See? Where Harry Potter has a lightning bolt, she has a peach blur.
I tell you, she can work mAgiC!
How do I know for sure?
How do you know that I'm not just making this up?
I'll tell you and you can judge for yourself.


First, let me start with the television set. When the bfe left for the Great White North and SNO+, he left the tv on the channel for AMC. After all, that may be the only channel he ever watches.
I can't figure out how to tune in any other channel. So, it's AMC or nothing.
For the first two weeks, it was nothing. Then I wised up and have been trying to schedule my visits with the "girls" for those times when a movie I like is on.
I'm fairly certain 'Tess has taken note of that.

Second, I try to visit the girls every other day since my return from Daytona.
I know Contessa keeps track of that. However, I juggle the time around so they can be surprised when they see me.
Chloe hardly takes notice, as long as she gets treats at once.
Contessa, however, does not care for my random arrivals at all.
She has become much more possessive of me and my lap and my hands, not wanting to share me with the other kitteh. Still, when I carefully explain that the other one needs petting, too, and I have made sure that 'Tess gets my love first, she does vacate the lap, at least for a little while, so Chloe can get some hand time.
Smart, right?

Third, I believe she is also telepathic, at least with me.
You know how dragons and people imprint on each other when they stare into each other's eyes and find a kindred spirit?
Well, Contessa knows I "belong" to her and I know I "belong" to her.
Right? Not that she "belongs" to me, right?
She is the bfe's cat and has been for better than thirteen years. (Which means all of his life, if you recall that he is a thriteen-year-old boy...)
Heretofore, I have just gotten to visit her on an irregular basis, usually for our Tuesday "dinner & a movie" gatherings.
Not that I'm complaining, just explaining.
On those previous visits, Contessa has had my lap, and my hands, to herself, and to herself only.
You see, the bfe's favorite is Chloe.
He definitely "belongs" to her.

But I have digressed... I was talking of 'Tess's ability to telepath.
She really can.
You see, I had gone to the movie listings and written down the times for the ones I wanted.
I did that here, at my house. But when I visited them - which I have done daily for the past three days - I might have let it slip that I would be coming to watch "Ghostbusters" at 3 PM on Friday for an extended stay. I might even have "mentioned" that I might stay for the sequel, too.
So, today, the Friday, had been slipping by. I had decided that I needed to write thank-you notes for the surprise! birthday party and for my stepmom's generosity, I needed to write to my youngest brother, I needed to send a get-well card to Mister Willie for his shoulder surgery yesterday, and I needed to mail to Califor-ni-a the birthday gift for Riley. I had accomplished all of that and it was suddenly after 2 PM.
Say what? I still needed to take a shower and eat lunch and go to the post office!
Maybe I wouldn't be going to visit the kittehs after all.
Time was flashing past - what a quandary!
So I took my shower and got dressed and got all things ready to be mailed.
And I no sooner turned on the car radio than the song started.

"If there's somethin' strange in your neighborhood,
who you gonna call?
-ghostbusters-
"

You're kidding me, right? Hahaha! Well, maybe I am supposed to go over and watch that movie. But I need to get this stuff mailed today, so let's see how long this takes. I could maybe pick up some lunch at the Kroger downtown...

The line for postal services was all the way to the outer door, but no one was using the self-service center. Cool!
I got my package stamped and sent out a certified letter and I was done!
Back to the car I went, to be greeted by this tune.

"We are spirits in the material world,
are spirits in the material wor-r-r-rld.
"

Hahaha! Very funny! Okay, okay, I'll come watch the movie with the kittehs!
Just hold on!

And then the next song came on, as I turned off the parkway near their place.

"Hey soul sister
I don't want to miss a
single thing you do-o-o
Tonight.
"

How very, very sweet of the Contessa!!!
And at the Kroger what did I find?

A heart full of sushi!
Very nice touch!
So, I watched the movie with the kittehs and ate sushi from a heart.
What a good day!

No comments: