Saturday, March 12, 2016

Elvis! evolutions and the neXt generation


Back in the saddle again!
This time, instead of Mrs. Irby sitting near me, it was Austin himself!
Two girls were with him.
One may have been a sister, the other was likely her friend.
How very nice that the performer was able to be entertained tonight!
And what a show its was, boys and girls!

When Cody Ray Slaughter came onto the stage,
I think I may have audibly gasped!
He looked so much like young Elvis Presley,
and sounded so much like Elvis,
and moved so much like Elvis...
I actually had to put on my glasses
to keep from thinking I was seeing a ghost!
"My Babe"!
"Baby Let's Play House"!
No "Heartbreak Hotel" for us!
"Slowly But Surely", your "Angel Eyes" will shine on me!

Sigh.
Then he left and Marilyn Monroe came out.
Well, actually, it was Samantha Chambliss again, this time in a blonde wig.
She put on her best Betty Boop act as she bobbed through the audience looking for someone to play off.

Vince was perfect!
A retired transportation director
from New Jersey, he absolutely
loved it when she sang
"Happy Birthday" to him.
Someone even caught it on video!
Nice little time-killer
while we waited for
the main attraction to return.

And return he did! My, my, my!!! What a comeback!!!
"Trouble", indeed!
Such a black-leather "Hound Dog" he was!
He had me "All Shook Up", I must say!
I'll be "Trying To Get To You" even if "It Hurts Me" because to "Just Pretend" is not enough!
"Stop, Look, and Listen", please... "If I Can Dream", it will be of you!
(smile!)

Then he was gone again.
Tim E. Hendry came front
and center, offering himself
as a hunk-a hunk-a "Burning Love"!
"Let It Be Me", he sang,
don't let me be "Hurt"!
Here, you can watch him tell the tale of "Poke Salad Annie"!
But for "How Great Thou Art" and "The Impossible Dream", you'll have to look elsewhere, dear.

Then it was time for something completely different!
Thea and Heitor are part of the
next generation of Elvis fans,
loving the music and keeping it alive in a fresh way.
Their short acoustic set included "Because of Love" and "Pocketful of Rainbows", finishing with "And I Love You So". Very nice!

Then, MORE Cody, this time in a black jumpsuit.
Specifically, he was in Brad Mitchell's black jumpsuit.
You see, it seems that when Cody put on his, which had sat in his closet "for the last twenty years", it eXpLOdEd!!!
HAHAHAHA HAHA!
Polyester will do that!
I sure would have paid good money to have seen it happen!
(smile)
"That's Alright Mama", the "Mystery Train" will "Make The World Go Away"!
"Let's Play House" in case "Tomorrow Never Comes",
"Hi Heel Sneakers" are for today!
You "Hound Dog"! There's a "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On", even though "Your Mama Don't Dance"!
Come on and "Love me Tender"!
Ignore those "Suspicious Minds".
You know I "Can't Help Falling In Love With You".
My, oh, my.
Sweet dreams tonight for me!

No comments: