Friday, March 11, 2016

love me tender, love me true


Sittin' at the Ritz! Seat E6 = mine!!!
It's Day One of the
Georgia Elvis Fest and
time for the first competition!
I saw Chris Holland and then Dave Weaver when I finally arrived.
("The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou",which would play at the Lucas tonight, was on tv. Right place, right time!)

Brad Mitchell was the last
non-pro Elvis Tribute Artist
for this first round!
His songs were "Way Down",
"Promised Land",
and "Let Me Be There".
Perhaps you recognize him
from yesterday?
(smile)

I took lunch at Island Jerk, right across the street.
Yep! Jamaican food in Brunswick, Georgia, man!
The day's special was jerk chicken on fettucine!
Very good! Even better with bread pudding made from monkey bread!
Then, back to see the pro ETAs compete with an empty orchestra.

Here's Andy King -
he's from Germany!!!
He treated us to three
songs heard less often:
"Solitaire",
"Runaway",
and "Sylvia".

This is Travis Powell!
I first saw him in 2013 at the first Georgia Elvis Fest!
What a rocking set he had!
"Proud Mary",
"Never Been To Spain",
and "You Gave Me A Mountain".
Marie helped him with the scarves for that second song.

Stewart Chapman took us
back to 1956
with his set!
"Don't be Cruel",
"All Shook Up",
and "Peace In The Valley".
Nice of him to slow it down
at the end.

Next up?
Sergio Queiroz of Brazil!!!
He stole my heart
with his very first song:
"Let It Be Me" - yes, sir!
Then he continued crooning of love:
"I'll Never Fall In Love Again",
"I Need Your Love" -
I need yours, too!
(swoon!)

Oooooh! Here's a man
with hair on his chest!!!
Jeff Krick sang
"Falling In Love With You",
"Help Me", and
"Please Release Me".
Such sad songs!

Paul Thorpe was a tall drink of water and hailed from bonnie old England!!!
"I've Lost You", he cried,
"Just Pretend", he resolved,
"Patch It Up", he pleaded!
We can do that, I promise!

Here was Di Light!
Seriously - best name EVER!
This pro ETA came in from Brazil, too, to rock my world!
"It's Midnight" - if you say so!
"Poke Salad Annie"!
"My Boy" wrapped up his display of talents - bravo!

And then there came this
hunka hunka man in black leather!
Joe Bullock hails from Summerville, SC, and can leave his boots under my bed anytime.
"Trouble"? Not for me!
"The Power of My Love"!
Let's make some "Memories"!

We can start right here!
Let's cuddle up for a close up, please kind sir!
Oh, thank you,
thankyouverymuch!
(swoon!)
(smile!)

This vision in blue
was one of the first
"Elvis in the Squares" singers!
Doug Jones, of Covington, Georgia,
recognized me as a Georgia peach
and even allowed me to
sing with him!
(swoon!)
I stayed for three songs,
dancing along, of course!

Then I bopped across the street to one of the other squares.
Why did the peach cross the road?
To hear the one
who seems to symbolize
this festival to me this year!
Brad Mitchell was rocking out and drawing a crowd!
I just wanted to dance along!
I got an autographed red scarf
from him, too!

I even had an older woman come up and tell me my dancing brought her such pleasure! Thanks, someone's mom!
Woohoo! My fried tilapia and shrimp dinner has arrived!
Later, y'all!
Time to chow down before the night's big show at 7 PM!
See you at the Ritz!

No comments: